Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some component a vice and roll crimper and got a recipe from the supplier hoping to get some great performance and was very dissappointed, does anyone have good luck and if so pleace direct me

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello bakabob, I got the stuff from Ballistic Products, at first they were very helpful ( when I was buying) They sold me Fiocchi green hulls that came primed. 20ga Thin overshot cards, 20ga Maxi-Nitro Card Wads, ccs20 &bullet 250 grain The recipe I use was also from them , I selected the one that called for 20.0 grains of International Clays. and the total recipe goes as follows
:20ga, 2 3/4 Fiocchi
fio 616 primer,
I/C powder 20 grains
(3) nc20+38c20
ccs20 slug carrier,
250gr slug,
11200psi,
1520fps,
roll crimp
In practice I measures each charge, Dumped it in the hull, seated the nc20 using a nut driver of almost same diam. then seated the ccs20, and roll crimped,
I had in the pasted used Lightfields with great accuracy, and I was hopping for the same,, PLease let me know what you think

THanks Bo

·
Registered
18 Posts
20 ga slug

I am not sure what you mean by ccs20 carrier. I use the CCS sabot sold by Gun Servicing, Bordentown, NJ. For the slug I use the 300 grain Hornady XTP. The 250 grain works well also. If you are loading a rifled slug for a smooth bore gun then this load would not be a good one for you.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
bakabob, the css is a simple looking sabot, as far as I can tell. This recipe is fire from a T/C full rifled barrel, can you tell me about the powder you are using and were I might find a recipe, I realy would like to shoot this gun more often ,
I will try to post a few pictures of the components I have

Thanks Bo

·
Registered
18 Posts
I get my sabots from gun servicing in Bordentown NJ. The best way to get the sabots and gas seals is to call Emma at 608-261-7373 after 5 PM on a work day. She will send you all the info you need to load some great loads. I use chedite hulls that I buy already primed, 28 grains of Blue Dot powder,CCS gas seal, hard cards for the wad column and a CCS sabot holding a Hornady XTP 45 cal pistol bullet.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here is a shot of what I have is it the same?, By The way I called Emma yesterday she gave me some pricing and I will follow up , I just don't want to buy things I already have, Thanks for your help!

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
20 ga slugs

The sabot looks the same however I called Ballistics products and asked if they sold them and they do not. He did say though that they may have in the past. They did carry the 12 ga but are now out of stock. I did not notice a plastic gas seal in your picture and they are required. Where do you put the thin card wad ? My wad columns are all hard card wads although I have tried other filler wads and they did well. The Bullet should be .452 although .451 is suppose to work I have never tried one. I have also found that the 300 grain bullet seems to be the most accurate for my gun. My problem is finding them. Everyone I have tried has them back ordered.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yes the component world is a little dry of late, I will call Emma now and get the party started, Thanks I will let ya know what shakes out, All the best Bo

UPDATE: Just placed the order and am on the hunt for some bullets, hope to be back on the range soon!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts