Shooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was in a gun shop yesterday and nearly fell over. They has all kinds of primers (except no Winchester) in all sizes and the shelves were packed. The greatest surprise were the prices that were from early last year. Large and small rifle and pistol primers were $26.00 per 1,000. IMR powder was $21.00 and they had it all. I hope we have turned the corner. Take care...
Oberndorf

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
Well, it hasn;t changed much down here. Remember, you're up there "clinging to your guns and religion", so maybe that's why the shelves have been stocked so well (:)D))

I still can't get any CCI primers here (or online). Powder averages $27 or $28. Other primers are $38.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Primers are still scarce here but can be had. We had to place an internet order with Cabelas. I got a nice shipment of powder from Naches Shooters suppy last year right after the election, probaly not far from you I'm guessing.

How is the hunting down there in NM?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Thats funny on Friday to pick up some primers and the only Large rifle primers they had were winchester.. and at $45.00 a brick.

I had order some from Cabela's earlier but received a note saying they were on back order and unless I notified them otherwise they would "Cancel" the order within 10 days. Which was fine as I was not thrilled about $20.00 hazardous shipping charge tacked on.

So it was 45.00 for the winchester Large rifle or 1 1/2 hours round trip to pick up CCI magnum large rifle for 35.00 a brick the other direction. I picked up the winchester...

The shop selling the winchester primers said he did not expect to keep the 10 bricks he just got in long and said he has had these ordered since Oct and did not expect any more anytime soon. The other shop seems to trickle some in every Wed..

Good Luck
GF

·
Super Moderator
3,826 Posts
I agree with Oberndorf

I am seeing more reloading components at the gun shops I visit. Prices vary. All the best...
Gil

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
We're seeing little to no change down here? I wonder why that is?

Regardless, it's a good sign and good to hear from you guys that component availability is improving. That means that it's coming back, even though we may be slow seeing it here. Prices will probably remain high though, and that's no good.

·
Banned
170 Posts
PRIMERS $44 all brands POWDER $30 a pound all brands. This is in Maine. The closest place to me.. Cabelas is a lot cheaper but a two hour drive. I only make it there like twice a year.

AL

·
Registered
1 Posts
spar-t press

trying to track you down to find out more on your spar-t press modifications. would love to do the same to mine. works really hard for 30-06. can you help? thanks.:confused

·
Registered
93 Posts
Out here in the corner of the Pacific Northwest that I live in, the panic seems to have died down a bit. Some supplies have come back on the shelves, but only some. Both 4895's are never to be had. I was at Kesselring's about six weeks ago, and was able to buy an 8 pound jug of Varget, thinking I was doing okay, then the counter clerk told me it was the first Varget they'd had in many months. So, that wasn't a reflection of improved supply, just dumb luck.

There is a gun dealer not far from my home that has kept up a fairly reliable supply of primers through all this hubbub. In the past nine months, WW primers by the thousand went from $28 to $35, and about the time I thought things were getting better, I was in there last week and they had crept up to $40.

There has been a lot of venting and ranting about this whole situation, but one thing is clear and that is the manufacturers have tested the threshold of price and now that they know what people are still willing to pay, they will be reluctant to lower prices.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I'd been having trouble finding large rifle primers for months. Went to a gun show in Nashville last Saturday and one booth had plenty. Price for Winchester was $35; not thrilled compared to a couple years ago (I only load a couple hundred rounds per year lately) but the price was less than what a lot of you had been reporting, so I bought 1K.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts