Shooters Forum banner

381 - 384 of 384 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #381 (Edited)
$170.00 for 200 rounds of M855 is outrageous! I refuse to buy any ammo at today's prices. Some of us thought ahead and refuse to participate in this price gouging!
And if prices don't go back down, then what? I agree that it is a higher price than a year or two ago but it is unlikely they will go down anytime soon if ever.

I have bought a lot of powder and bullets from American Reloading and have been satisfied with everything, especially because they include haz-mat shipping in their prices.

This is a new item from them as I have mostly bought pull down powder (WC 844) and pulled bullets from them.

Been good people to deal with.

AZB
According to what is listed on the page, it works in 9mm and 45 ACP. Do you think they have load data for other calibers as well? I'm thinking the 6lb container will load a lot of pistol rounds. Shame they don't have primers tho.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a five pound jug listed as "Pistol powder" similar to Alliant "Bullseye"
This powder was obtained from disassembled Federal 45 ACP.
Work with loads from published data, starting with lowest loads and work up.

The last bottle I had said "between Bullseye and Herco." With those I normally used 5 grains. With this pulled powder I ended up with a 5.5 grain load to get
the same chronograph speeds.

AZB

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #383
I was hoping someone would say they had used the powder and it was good stuff. I just checked and it is sold out. If someone has used it or knows someone who has and is happy with it, please post. I'll keep a eye out for them to have some more. I know people like Hodgdon, Winchester, IMR and such but I know nothing about that powder. It's not listed in any book I've seen either.

I also emailed them about info on the powder. No response yet.

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
8,158 Posts
And if prices don't go back down, then what? I agree that it is a higher price than a year or two ago but it is unlikely they will go down anytime soon if ever.
This isn't a "new" event, it's called a cycle for a reason. 😉

I know people like Hodgdon, Winchester, IMR and such but I know nothing about that powder. It's not listed in any book I've seen
Hodgdon, Winchester, IMR don't build powder in the sense that you mean. They are simply brand names sold by Hodgdon.

You should avoid any non-mainstream brand named powder, until you have some actual experience under your belt. Stick with the mainstream until you begin to get an understanding of how the world works, so to speak; then branch out as you desire.

Cheers

381 - 384 of 384 Posts