Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie here and was hoping I could find some information on reloading sellier and Bellot 12 Guage 2 3/4 inch. I have been reloading winchester AA and field loads with Winchester waa12 wads. These are too long for the S&B shells. I have a couple hundred cases that have been fired once and hate to throw them out. Has anyone here reloaded the S&B and if you have please let me know what powder and amount and the wad you use.

Thanks
Sailr

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
The things that really affect shotshell loading are the hull, and the wad being used. Primers can make a difference if you're going for max loads, most of the time, not so much.

If you pick up a shotshell manual, you immediately notice that the recipes are VERY specific, and in many instances, 1gr of powder can take you from dud to dangerous, real fast. So, if you can't find data for S&B's, you are probably not in a good spot to start loading away.

I haven't seen them listed in any of my references.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Sometimes you can search around and find out that the hulls are marked by one company, but made by another. I finally found data for my Bornaghi Super Pigeon hulls that way. Sometimes if you suspect that your hull is very similar to another brand, it's good to cut a couple up, side by side, and find out if they are identicle. Sometimes they will be.

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
Hey Uncle Paddy,

Which ones are you comfortable with as equivalents?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts