Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for reloading data for the 50 alaska I am trying to get  between 2050 and2100 fps with a 475 beartooth bullet. I have been using IMR 4198, but would like to use RELOADER#7or H322.Any information on this would be great

·
Registered
255 Posts
kev, you have a post in Rifle and Rifle Cartridges that was answered with Re7. Loadswap has some as well for the contender, but a place to start.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
CORRECTION:  The .50 AK load data is for the ENCORE, NOT the Contender.  For more reloading data for rifle loads you can find a bit in "Cartridges of the World" Vol. 9, but they don't have any for Re #7.  In "Wildcat Cartridges" Vol II they have considerably more data and also a lot with Re. #7.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been shooting the 50AK for some time now. I've tried several powders.I had good luck with IMR4198,and now using H322.I now have information of people using benchmark powder with a 525 gas check bullet and getting,2000fps. And that is something else,but I have check it out and called serveral people and have the grains to start with. I will use this information and will up data if it works out.If so I think the 50AK will be the round for anything on this earth at a middle range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts