Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m building a Remington 700 7 mag ( I’ve been waiting on the barrel for 17 weeks!). I’m thinking about putting a dbm on it. I really like the h-s precision kit as it is almost flush fit with a 3rnd, which would be nice for hunting, and the option of an 8 rnd for playing. For those of you using a dbm, what is it and pros/cons of your setup.

·
Premium Member
14,341 Posts
I don't because they rattle and look bad and interfere with the normal carry. I've never needed more than three rounds, either.

Reactions: six speed

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
You asked, soooo... I'd see no need for a DM with a capacity of more than 3 in your case. I'd likely also like 4 for a non magnum. I typically prefer a floor plate, but understand that in certain states and in certain circumstances, a DM is very handy.

Especially in a magnum cartridge, I thing the usage of a larger capacity magazine might be counterproductive, allowing for an unusually long string of shots leading to overheating a barrel.

After all, 17+ weeks will be a long time when waiting for another barrel too. 😁

Reactions: six speed

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you loose the mag, or damage it, ya have a single shot. But then you could carry a spare?? I had a rem factory DBM, after a few years it started jamming. 2 new mags and 2 gunsmiths later I sold it to the 2nd gunsmith. HS precision may have a better system, I've never seen one

·
The Shadow (Super Mod)
7,304 Posts
I’m building a Remington 700 7 mag ( I’ve been waiting on the barrel for 17 weeks!). I’m thinking about putting a dbm on it. I really like the h-s precision kit as it is almost flush fit with a 3rnd, which would be nice for hunting, and the option of an 8 rnd for playing. For those of you using a dbm, what is it and pros/cons of your setup.
It's just a preference deal.
I like DBM's because I'm not only a 1-3 shot hunter, I use my rifles for everything including large volume of target shooting. So a larger capacity is nice. I've used a Badger Ord system, a name that escapes me, but it's a Smith out of Oregon who builds for the Ruger Hawkeye, then a MDT chassis with Magpul AI style mags.
Haven't noticed that any "rattle", but I'm sure some combo may. I don't have the shakes, so I don't know how it would matter. IME.

Cheers

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
10,561 Posts
DBM's fall out and get lost. I found a $60 Browning (Sevumag) mag along a trail that I'm sure when the hunger went to crank another I and got a CLICK was a bit miffed.

My three 788's are DBM and you can get your bippy I make triple dang sure those mags go CLICK when they snap in!!! A real 788 May is 80 homes or more.

RJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts