Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if the 700 SPS has an external adjust trigger or if you need to remove the stock and adjust or no adjustment at all. Thanks

·
Registered
363 Posts
they have changed a lot over the last few years. we need more info on when yours was manufactured. I bought a 700 SPS Varmint this winter NIB thinking it had the user exernal adjustable trigger but when it did not have that feature I contacted Remington and mine was made in '07. It has the Xmark trigger which is adjustable but not externaly. The new Xmark Pro is external adjustable.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered one today from a local gun shop in a stainless and they couldn't give an answer. Then I talked to two different dealers that I do business with,one said they have the external adjustment and the other said that they weren't adjustable. That's why I asked the question. Anyway, I had the clerk state on the order sheet "must have adjustable trigger". I hope that will bring out a newer model. Thanks 03mossy

·
Registered
363 Posts
I wouldn't give it to much worry, my Xmark trigger is great! Very very crisp! so which ever one they send you will be fine.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
2009 is when they went to the external adjustment. There is a guy Ernie the Gunsmith that sells a lighter spring for the Xmark and Xmark Pro (they are different). Install that and dry fire it about 500 times and you will have a sweet trigger.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a 700 VLS in 6mm Rem. and a 700 SPS Varmint in .223. The VLS has the internally adjustable Xmark trigger and the SPS-V has the Xmark Pro trigger that can be adjusted externally. Both are fine just as they came from the box and I've not touched either.

·
Registered
363 Posts
My trigger came very crisp, but i wanted it a bit lighter. it was at just over 4lbs from the factory, I just picked it up from the gun****h and its right at 2lbs...Perfect!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts