Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Concidering these two rifles in 300WM, any comments on them would be great. They are real close in price. I have never known or talked to anybody with a Tikka. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Rem or Tikka

Well Remington is indeed a fine rifle . But I found there is always some work to be gone to tune the rifle .Then too you might be able to adust your bullet closer to the lands with the remington as the tikka the mag seems a bit short.Do not know how the new Remingtons work here !!
The tikka's from experiance shot well out of the box, with no work required other than mounting the scope and going to the range. Some of the rifles seem to shoot the best after about a hundred rounds or so while others seem great from the start .As being smooth to operate , think the tikka bolt has it.You might consider a limsaver pad on the tikka to make it more pleasurable rifle to shoot a lighter rifle.That was th only Mod I made to my 338 Federal, while the 3006 was just fine as is.

Other than price try what fits you the best . I have two tikka's now having sold the remington.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input, Tha Tikka has a muzzle brake option, which I would get. I read another post with the limb saver advice also. Thanks again

·
Registered
144 Posts
if you like the Remington you should also look at the Sendero SF II, also a very beautiful gun, but the XCR is designed as a corrosion/abrasion resistance with it's "TriNyte" coating (on that particular rifle it's a stainless barrel with a black TriNyte Coating) also both the Remington's are 26" barrel and the Tikka is a 24" barrel, with the Sendero having a fluted barrel. From my little bit of looking as well it seems that the Tikka is about 350 to 400 more than the Remington's, but that being said the Tikka's are known for having a butter smooth action, and to be honest, despite my personal bias, you cant go wrong with any of those rifles, but when you do pick yours up, don't forget the Pictures!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have a rem xcr compact tactical chambered in 308. The 40x trigger is the best trigger I've ever felt. The action is smooth as silk. Out of the box, the gun shoots one hole 5 shot groups at 100 with factory hornady match ammo. I've shot under half inch at 200 and a little over an inch at 300. By far the most accurate factory gun I've ever fired. Its topped with a nikon monarch and is a fine package. My vote for the rem but you wont go wrong with either decision.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
RMulhern what facts do you have to back up your statement? I own a few of each brand and consider them works of art, and the Tikkas generally needing NOTHING as far as tinkering to shoot welll out of the box. The Remingtons sometimes need some minor massaging to shoot their best.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,745 Posts
He's been convinced to take his mouth and lack of manners somewhere else. I wouldn't put much thought into his comments.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts