Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone direct me to instructions on adjusting the trigger pull on my Rem. Model 700?

Thanks, Benjamin

·
Beartooth Regular
7,768 Posts
Hi, Benjamin:
http://www.snipercountry.com/RemingtonTriggers.htm

Be sure you do the safety checks. Here's another one. Take the bolt out, hold the trigger back, push the sear down, release the trigger and let the sear back up. The trigger should reset with a distinct snap. If it doesn't, something's sticking and you have a possibility of the rifle firing when the safety is released.

Bye
Jack

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jack:

May God bless you. That's exactly the information I need. I am a mechanic by trade, although I work in the drinking water industry where a mistake with chlorine gas can also kill somebody. This is a new Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Rem. Model 700 300UMAG. It's the first new rifle I've ever bought. Everything else I own is a hand-me-down. I've got a Leupold LPS to mount on it also. Will these instructions also work for the Model 721 300 H&H that I'm putting away for my grandkids. It has been my Elk gun up until now, but it came to me via grandfather-uncle-father, and I would like see it passed on someday. BTW, How old do you need to be to have the junior removed from my profile? How old do you need to be to become officially an "old fart"? I'll be 51 before Elk season in Colorado this year. Thanks again Jack.
Benjamin

·
Beartooth Regular
7,768 Posts
Hi, Benjamin:
The trigger hasn't been changed since the 721-722 models, except for removing the bolt lock from the safety in the 1980's.

You get the junior tag removed after about 25-30 posts. So get on the keyboard! :D

Bye
Jack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts