Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,
First let me apologize for not visiting the forum lately. This is the busy season for me. I do exotic animal shows and educational presentations and have been booked every weekend. I'm also a mechanic by trade and that's my day job. When it cools down some and the Alligators and Crocodiles don't eat so much I can make regular visits to the forum. I ask all of you today to pray for the victims of the violence in Washington DC and New York City. The aftermath of this tragedy looks all too familiar to me, although on a much larger scale. I live only about an hour away from Oklahoma City, the site of the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah federal building. The images and stories of that day and the weeks that followed still bring tears to my eyes. Today at work most of the conversations stemmed around retaliation. Maybe in the future I'll feel the same. Right now all I can think about are the victims and their families. I pray that God gives them the strength to make it through this terrible tragedy.
Dave Saye

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sadness is all that comes to mind on this ninth month eleventh day of two thousand and one.   My heart is heavy for those families that have lost loved ones. Prayers fill the air from the citizens of this strong nation.  
  When the dust settles, and the perpetrators found, we will strike a mighty blow in retaliation for the injustices brought to our lands and her people.  
 I may not always like the rules of our playing field, but it is our field.  I served this country to protect it from animals like this.
Even though it has been thirteen years since my honorable discharge from the Armed Forces, I still feel the obligation to protect our soils.
   The call for duty has come.
These villains must not ever be allowed to do harm to our people of the United States of America again!

I am not sure if this is how every one feels, but sorrow is what I felt today.
                                                                Scout.

·
Banned
556 Posts
I had a very surreal day yesterday.  Our office faces the the WTC, which was across the street.    A really tough customer "made" me go to a 9am meeting in mid town (57th Street).  I was ticked that I couldn't prepare better for the meeting in the office and pick up my new eyeglasses from the LenCrafters in the WTC mall.  From my customer's 49th floor we watched the WTC ablaze, then they evacuated the building.

All the bridges and subways were closed so we crossed the streams of thousands walking north, uptown (most not knowing where they were going).  It looked like wartime refugee footage.   All pickups, delivery vans and Pepsi delivery trucks were covered in people: from ghetto kids to investment bankers in suits, headed out.  We walked about 7 miles into Queens to get to a point of less confusion and congestion.  From the images, I don't think that there's much left of my office.  My American Express and Morgan Stanley customers were in WTC, they were in the middle floors and I hope they got out.  You can't imagine the concentration of people in those buildings.

It leaves you very sad and somewhat confused.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
We here in South Carolina are in earnest prayer for all of those who have had to endure this tremendous tragedy first hand. We are in morning with you though we are miles away.

Our resolve is strenghtened by your determination and we stand with our President in response to this cowardly act. Take care of buisness there and tend to your needs and your families and friends needs and rest assured that we will take care of the matters at hand.

·
Super Moderator
3,375 Posts
Today, on this day of prayer for those who’s lives have been taken and those who’s lives have been forever changed we mourn   For these we pray the comfort of the Lord, and His wisdom, His healing, and His peace.  The grief of these last days extends beyond the scope of human understanding, and human endurance.  In these times the strength of The Lord has sustained individuals and the country as a whole.  It makes no difference if one acknowledges the Lord’s presence, and his sustaining strength, His reality, and presence is none-the-less truth.

It is our prayer, that this event will bring all to a deep, abiding and continual relationship with Jesus Christ, our savior, our strength and our sustainer.  Only in His grace, and His love can comfort be found in these turbulent days.  Too, in the protection of our Lord will we find deliverance and protection from our enemies.

While those who have perpetrated this cowardly act of war against the United States of America, a country founded upon the Christian principles of an unwavering faith in Jesus Christ, they have aligned themselves not only in direct confrontation with this awesome nation, but against the one True and Living God, the Author and Finisher of our Faith.  Against Him, there is no victory, and there is no refuge.  This country has enjoyed the anointed protection of The Lord from its conceptual roots, a protection that continues and endures today, nationally, corporately and individually.  He is our strength, and our salvation, our hope and our redeemer, our fortress and our deliverer. <!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->

Psalm 18:25-49

To the faithful you show yourself faithful,
to the blameless you show yourself blameless,
to the pure you show yourself pure,
but to the crooked you show yourself shrewd.

You save the humble but bring low those whose eyes are haughty.

You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning:  my God turns my darkness into light.

With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall.

As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless.

He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.

For who is God besides the Lord?

And who is the Rock except our God?

It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.

He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights.

He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me;  you stoop down to make me great.

You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn.

I persued my enemies and overtook them; I did not turn back till they were destroyed.

I crushed them so that they could not rise; they fell beneath my feet.

You armed me with the strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet.

You made my enemies turn their backs in flight, and I destroyed my foes.

They cried for help, but there was no one to save them – to the Lord, but he did not answer.

I beat them as fine as dust borne on the wind; I poured them out like mud in the streets.

You have delivered me from the attacks of the people; you have made me the head of nations; people I did not know are subject to me.

As soon as they hear me, they obey me; foreigners cringe before me.

They lose all heart;  they come trembling from their strongholds.

The lord lives!  Praise be to my Rock!  Exalted be God my Savior!

He is the God who avenges me, who subdues nations under me, who saves me from my enemies.

You exalted me above my foes; from violent men you rescued me.

Therefore I will praise you among the nation, O Lord, I will sing praises to your name.
[/quote]

Even in the first day of infamy, day 9-11, President Bush quoted Psalm 23 in his speech when he addressed the nation.  

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>"Even though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."
</span>

Godly leadership leads us, and the powers of darkness will not prevail, and will not overcome us.  What Satan has intended for evil, our God will use for his purposes.  There will be good come out of chaos, and there will be strength of unity for our country emerging from the twisted ruins of rubble.

As we pray for the victims and families of the tragedies that have unfolded in New York and Washington D.C., so too we need prayer for our country, and to examine closely ourselves, our motives and our faith as we approach the throne of God.  As we do so, there is a blessing for us, as found in 2 Chronicles 7:14

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
We pray for that healing touch, on the families shattered by these events, for our nation, our leadership and on our faith as well.

From all of us here, we ask God to richly bless you!

Marshall Stanton & Family

·
Super Moderator
3,375 Posts
This was sent to me by a friend... I thought it so well put, that I would share it here.

<!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>An open letter to a terrorist:​
</span>

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Well, you hit the World Trade Center, but you missed America.

You hit the Pentagon, but you missed America.

You used helpless American bodies, to take out other American bodies, but like a poor marksman, you STILL missed America.

Why? Because of something you guys will never understand.  America isn't about a building or two, not about financial centers, not about military centers,
America isn't about a place, America isn't even about a bunch of bodies.

America is about an IDEA. An idea, that you can go someplace where you can earn as much as you can
figure out how to, live for the most part, like you envisioned living, and pursue Happiness. (No guarantees that you'll reach it, but you can sure
try!)

Go ahead and whine your terrorist whine, and chant your terrorist litany: "If you can not see my point, then feel my pain." This concept is alien to Americans. We live in a country where we don't have to see your point. But
you're free to have one. We don't have to listen to your speech. But you're free to say one.

Don't know where you got the strange idea that everyone has to agree with you. We don't agree with each other in this country, almost as a matter of pride. We're a collection of guys that don't agree, called
States.

We united our individual states to protect ourselves from tyranny in the world. Another idea, we made up on the spot.  You CAN make it up as you go, when it's your country.

If you're free enough.

Yeah, we're fat, sloppy, easy-going goofs most of the time. That's an unfortunate image to project to the world, but it comes of feeling free and easy about the world you live in.  It's unfortunate too, because people
start to forget that when you attack Americans, they tend to fight like a cornered badger.

The first we knew of the War of 1812, was when
england burned Washington D.C. to the ground. Didn't turn out like England thought it was going to, and it's not going to turn out like you think, either.

Sorry, but you're not the first bully on our shores, just the most recent.

No Marquis of Queensbury rules for Americans, either. We were the FIRST and so far, only country in the world to use nuclear weapons in anger. Horrific idea, nowadays? News for you bucko, it was back then too, but we used it anyway. Only had two of them in the whole world and we used 'em both.

Grandpa Jones worked on the Manhattan Project. Told me once, that right up until they threw the switch, the physicists were still arguing over whether the Uranium alone would fission, or whether it would start a fissioning chain reaction that would eat everything. But they threw the switch anyway, because we had a War to win.

Does that tell you something about American Resolve?

So who just declared War on us? It would be nice to point to some real estate, like the good old days. Unfortunately, we're probably at war with random camps, in far-flung places. Who think they're safe. Just like the Barbary Pirates did, IIRC.

Better start sleeping with one eye open.

There's a spirit that tends to take over people who come to this country, looking for opportunity, looking for liberty, looking for freedom. Even if they misuse it. The Marielistas that Castro emptied out of his prisons, were overjoyed to find out how much freedom there was.

First thing they did when they hit our shores, was run out and buy guns. The ones that didn't end up dead, ended up in prisons. It was a big PITA then (especially in south Florida), but you're only the newest PITA, not the first.

You guys seem to be incapable of understanding that we don't live in America, America lives in US! American Spirit is what it's called. And killing a few thousand of us, or a few million of us, won't change it. Most of the time, it's a pretty happy-go-lucky kind of Spirit. Until we're crossed in a cowardly manner, then it becomes an entirely different kind of Spirit.

Wait until you see what we do with that Spirit, this time.

Sleep tight, if you can. We're coming.</span>[/quote]

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Every time I think about New York and Washington DC, I think about the words painted on the building across from the Oklahoma City National Memorial. Written in black paint it reads:

April 19th, 1995
               Rescue Team 5
               We search for the truth,
               We seek justice
               The courts require it
               The victims cry for it
               And God demands it!

Dave Saye

1 - 8 of 8 Posts