Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi,i have a remington model 1100 shotgun that has a serial # of 406###v.the gun came with 3 barels.the barrel , remington arms,ilion, new york.it has a 3d flame walnut stock, hi gloss,very fine checkering.the receiver has a deep blue like a gloss royal blue finish on it as the 21 in smooth barrel.the gun is in pristine cond and fires 12 ga 2 3/4 shells.can someone please tell me what i have here? thank you.jaz1629

·
Super Moderator
13,185 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Rules are to join in and have fun and play nicely with the rest of the kids.

I altered your last three serial number digits for reasons outlined in the security sticky at the top of the Trading Post forum.

Gun evaluation is not something the board itself does because it is impossible to do accurately without a hands-on examination, and values vary from place to place across the country. However, some members may have seen something similar somewhere and can tell you what was asked for it. The Blue Book of Gun Values may be subscribed to online, and usually gives the higher end of the price range, IME. You can also go to the auction sites and look up similar guns and see what they sold for successfully in that environment.

As to historical details, other members may know more details, but you can also check the Remington Society site, here. I know the 1100 was first introduced in 1963 and continues to be manufactured and is a popular model in general. If yours was made before 1972, you can find the date of manufacture, here.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,124 Posts
Used 1100s start around $300 - $400 at gun shows and go up from there. I've seen extra barrels from $50 - $100, but not for a while.

A nice looking stock could snag a few bucks more. Just personal opinion.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
i would suggest that you visit the remington arms website, hit support, and somewhere there should be a colum as to the identification of your 1100. I've done it a while back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts