Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Seems to me I saw this on another forum. Like i said there, I have never seen an 1100 gas cylinder tube with a stepped profile, but obviously I can now say I have not seen them all since i still haven't seen a picture.
Make sure your new bolt handle has a detent that matches up with the ball location on your model. It has moved from the bottom to the back side over the years starting with the 11-87s. Lost a bolt handle when I was simultaneously cleaning 4 guns at the same time and not paying close attention. The new Remington bolt handles have detent depressions in both locations. if the detent ball is working right you should be okay, but if it got rusted and the spring is weak you probably need to replace it. On a clean gun properly lubricated gun it should not come out on it's own, but it is quite easy to take out. Haven't lost one in 47 years like that, and I have hunted in stuff so thick the tree branches got in the ejection port and fouled the action.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Wow, thats a new one on me. I think you are going to need another fore end to fit the standard barrel gas cylinder profile and still get a good fit with the old barrel with the old fore end.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Looks like we ran into some issues. Please come back and try again later