Shooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I came across a .30-30 lever gun at my local shop. It's marked "Remington Model 200 - Western Auto Stores". For all appearences it looks to be a contracted store brand Marlin/Glenfield 30AS, non checkered furniture (walnut?), parked D&T reciever (top & side), blued barrel and tube, micro rifling, in overall very good condition. Never heard or seen such a creature and nothing coming up on various sites and search engines. It'll end up about $400 OTD in Kali ducats. It's a done deal but I was curious if anyone had any info on these or when they were made. Thanks, PAX

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
By chance is it Revelation, and not Remington? Mossberg made a lever action .30-30 for Western Auto that resembles the Marlin 336. I think that the Revelation models were something like 205 or 207.

I think the Mossberg model number is 464.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts

You have bad information.

The only lever action rifle that Remington ever made was the Nylon Model 76 in .22 LR.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had a revlation , marlin made. Didnt have the microgroove rifling tho, loved the gun shot cast bullets way better than microgrove.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, I know this post is really old, but you dont have the wrong information. I have one exactly like, remington model 200, western auto. Just curious of you ever found any info on yours

·
Premium Member
14,355 Posts
Contact the Remington Museum in Illion NY and they can tell you all about them. Remington's name is on guns never sold in the US or in their US catalogs. Western Auto contracted with many companies to brand guns with their name. Even gun companies did it. I have a Franchi auto shotgun marked Colt!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
My 88 year old Dad had me go thru his old Coast to Coast Master- mag 12 gauge that's been been in the closet for 30 years. Very dirty but good shape. Found out it's just a Mossberg 500. I'm still learning!

·
Premium Member
14,355 Posts
Numrich Arms #25 list the Western Auto Model 200 series to be all Marlins: two 22LR (M39A), one 30-30 (M336) and here's one to keep in the back of your mind at a gun show. Western Auto Model 200-2554 which is a M336 in 44 Mag.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts