Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I aquired a Rem 582 recently that my father-in-law bought brand new about 30 yrs ago, stuck it in tjhe closet and forgot about it - it's never been fired.

Onto the problem the trigger will not opperate. I don't think it is corroded as most parts wiggle and not signs of corrosion can be seen.

My only hunch is a pin is preventing the safety from moving from the "safety" position due to pin.

The only thing i can think is the pin had to be removed first before it could be fired (is this an ultra safety feature for first time shipments from Remington - I'm really reaching at this piont!).

Any guesses as to what to check.

Pictures of the suspect pin (circled on both sides of trigger): http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157623479045647/

Thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well,

Just and update. Disassembled the trigger - and it was just 35 year old grease that had become morter in between the bricks. Thorough cleaning and it's a smooth relatively low creep trigger - a tad heavy on pull but not bad at all.

Best Regards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.