Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I aquired a Rem 582 recently that my father-in-law bought brand new about 30 yrs ago, stuck it in tjhe closet and forgot about it - it's never been fired.

Onto the problem: the trigger will not opperate. I don't think it is corroded as most parts wiggle and not signs of corrosion can be seen.

My only hunch is a pin is preventing the safety from moving from the "safety" position due to pin that goes through the trigger housing. On one side of the hoursing it protrudes out (end of pin is conical), on the other side there is a dimple in the safety bracket and the pin inserts into the dimple on the safety bracket which i percieve to be preventing it from moving. There is a small hole in the dimple that you can see the end of the pin through.

The only thing i can think is the pin had to be removed first before it could be fired (is this an ultra safety feature for first time shipments from Remington - I'm really reaching at this piont!).

Any guesses as to what to check.

Pictures of the suspect pin (circled on both sides of trigger): http://www.flickr.com/photos/4829177...7623479045647/

Thanks,

Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.