Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone thanks for coming to my aid.

I have a trusty remington 582. it has served me well for many years and many rounds. I have decided to start shooting the 50ft indoor 22 competitions and cant afford one of those expensive match rifles so I guess I will just make the old 582 into the best rifle it can be!

I am specificly looking for information on how to modify the trigger mechanism for a lighter trigger pull for accuracy. I am highly mechanicaly skilled and will likley have the nessicary tools to do the job, I just need the directions. I already swaped out the stock trigger spring for the patriot reduced pull spring and it helped, but no where neer a match trigger pull.

Since all the local gunsmiths want $70+ and will have me rifle for 3-9months I decided to do it myself if anyone can advise me. if you dont do this type of thing on a regular basis please leave it to a professional to advise me as I would like to keep my rifle in working condition thanks!

Also if there is anyone out there capeable of smithing a anschutz barrel blank on to my rifle let me know. my email is ..."[email protected]"... sorry about the periods and quotes but I hate those bots that sniff for email addresses and then send you junk

·
Super Moderator
3,843 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

Two thoughts come to mind. You may be able to find a Remington Model 541 trigger that should fit the Model 580,581 and 582 rifles. It is adjustable and a fine trigger. I will send a PM to you with the name and phone number of my local gunsmith who may be able to guide you regarding altering the stock trigger. All the best...
Gil

1 - 2 of 2 Posts