Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a Remington 582 at a pawn shop today while looking at some used rifles. Had my eye on a Winchester 190 when I spotted this one. At 79 + tax, I decided it was worth a quick lay away for 10. Now for the research part. It's not in the best shape blueing wise, but I inspected it very thoroughly and it has no pits or rusty spots at all. The stock is in great shape with no gouges or such but it wouldn't hurt getting a refinish. The bolt cycled smoothly but it's a bit dirty inside (powder residue). The bore looked good, but a cleaning will be necessary to determine more. I would say it was well used by the previous owner.

If it's not worth much I can always get the loot back or put it towards another one. It definately seems to be what I been looking for all along as it is able to handle S, L, and LR and it's tubular fed (my personal favorite type for .22).

·
Super Moderator
3,827 Posts
Good catch

I have a Remington Model 582 and really like it. My rifle is a great shooter. I would suggesting cleaning your rifle and take it to the range. The blue can be touched up with cold blue such as G96 and the stock can be refinished with Tru-Oil. Hope this helps. All the best...
Gil

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's got a little Tasco rimfire scope on it but I'll probably either remove or replace it. I never bothered with a scope on a .22 but may try it. Who knows,it may be deadly accurate with it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it today. Cleaned it up and it's actually in great shape. The blueing isn't bad at all but the stock will definately get a refinish. The bore is clean. Bought some subsonic ammo to try it out with. I really like the rifle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts