Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Rem 600 that was in the process of being customized when the gunsmith skipped out on me (and a lot of other people!). He added a stainless bull barrel with a compensator and a glass bedded bench-rest stock to it, and actually did an amazing job. It shoots perfect 1.5" groups at 800yds, which is the farthest that I have tried so far.
The problem is that he never installed the bolt stop. I found out that Numrich lists the stop, spring, and pin, but they are sold out. But what really confuses me is that it said that a FFL is required. Why is that? I need to find the parts somewhere, but needing a FFL makes no sense to me. Is it possible that they listed that wrong, or is a new law that the G-men came up with to make sure that my bolt falls out after every shot?
Thanks in advance for any help.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
37,098 Posts
I'd give them a call. Most likely a web page got updated incorrectly, or some other glitch. Don't see why you would need a license for a bolt stop..... unless for some reason the entire receiver had to be sent in to install?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts