Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shoot a CVA Kodiak Pro .50 caliber with 2 standard Triple-Seven pellets. A buddy of mine just gave me 4 boxes of Remington 69 primers (400) and assures me that they will work fine in place of 209s. Is anyone using 69s and do they work well?

·
Banned
127 Posts
I shoot a CVA Kodiak Pro .50 caliber with 2 standard Triple-Seven pellets. A buddy of mine just gave me 4 boxes of Remington 69 primers (400) and assures me that they will work fine in place of 209s. Is anyone using 69s and do they work well?
I may be out on a limb here, but I THINK they are intended for a .410 shotgun, which SHOULD be less powerful than a 209 primer. Regular 209 primers are a little hot for in-lines and that is why the Triple 7 209 primers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How would these puppies compare to the Triple 7 209 primers? Are they close? Can I try them and see if I get consistent results and a full burn? I thought I read somewhere about someone using these in a muzzleloader. Was hoping to hear from someone who had.
Thanks flintlock 62 and Davers!!!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
These primers are different size then the regular 209 . They fit in the old Rem 410 hulls . You need to watch what you use them in . They if I remember right is smaller then the 209 . So they are a little lose .Hope this will help.

·
Registered
47 Posts
These primers are different size then the regular 209 . They fit in the old Rem 410 hulls . You need to watch what you use them in . They if I remember right is smaller then the 209 . So they are a little lose .Hope this will help.

They are smaller. 209 was the Winchester designation for their primers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts