Shooters Forum banner

Remington 700 VTR .243

21757 Views 24 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  MikeG
Does anyone have knowledge with the Rem. 700 VTR in .243 Win. ? How is the accuracy? Another concern of mine is the 22" barrel with muzzle brake seems that it might fall short in the velosity department.
Reactions: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
I shoot a 308 16 inch barrel with a break/compensator. A Miculek to be precise. It is ear splitting and nobody has ever tried to shoot beside me after the first shot. It has a concussion effect that is very unnerving. With all that said I love it!! Reducing recoil enough to call your own shots and watch your hits is the best. I am getting a 223 soon and it will cam a comp on it as well. They make muffs for a reason. If the VTR in 243 is what you want get it.

AL
Remington also makes a SPS Varmint in 243 with a 26" barrel that should be a great combo varmints to deer.
It will still direct far more blast at your ears. Its not needed either.

I would not take a gun with one for nothing.
Since your opinion is spot on, I think I'll buy one.
Since your opinion is spot on, I think I'll buy one.
You apparently joined in order to respond to a decade-old thread and insult a member who hasn't been active for 4 years. Nice! Or should I say, spot on!
Reactions: 3
"Steve" looks suspiciously like a spammer, so I'm going to close the thread and see if he/she/it surfaces elsewhere.
Reactions: 2
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.