Shooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody have any idea what the difference between all the remington 700 models? things like CDL,SPS,XCR, and SF? things like that when i can't tell the difference between them. there is probably a really obvious answer but i dont see them. anybody help?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Maybe some of them go off accidentally and others don't.

Sorry. Couldn't help myself.

I'm really no Remington rifle fan. So I can't help. But I'll bet a trip to their website could sort things out for you.

·
Registered
307 Posts
CDL= custom deluxe, SPS= special purpose synthetic, XCR= extreme conditions rifle, SF= sendero fluted. all it really boils down to is price. with a few extra bells and whistles comes a few hundred extra dollars on the price tag. the SPS being the cheapest. i am a remington fan, and thats all ive ever seen as far as differences aside from wood or synthetic stocks. the actions are all the same.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Only the custom shop rifles would have any attention to the action, everything else is going to be issued as long as it meets the specification.

Mag- I bet its tough to sell a Remington right now!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Yea, they are extremely dangerous, you need to get rid of them. Let me about the ones you have and I will properly dispose of them for you. I will even pay all shipping and handling fees so it won't cost you anything.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Yea, they are extremely dangerous, you need to get rid of them. Let me about the ones you have and I will properly dispose of them for you. I will even pay all shipping and handling fees so it won't cost you anything.
You are a generous fellow, indeed!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
I have owned three Remington Rifles: Two Model 700 ADL in .222 & .30-06, Model 600 .308, & a Model 788 in .30-30 Win. and NONE of them gave me any trouble. All were very accurate.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Just in 700's and 1100's, I have way more than I care to list and the only one that has ever gone off when I wasn't pulling the trigger was one a bird dog managed to shoot.

Back in 69 I was in my 66 Bronco with three dogs in the back. Both our shotguns were against the seat with the barrels sitting on the floor. My friend got out to open a gate going into a field and left the door open. One dog jumped over the seat to go out the door. My shotgun happened to be laying on it's side so pushing down on the safety took it off and the dogs paw hit it just right that it knocked the safety off and went on down into the trigger and got hung in the trigger guard, discharging a round through the floor. However, since it was a semi-automatic 1100 with five shells in it, it didn't quit with just the one. It got hung on his foot and kept shooting, I'm bailing out the door, the Bronco is rolling and about to run over my friend and we are both hauling butt away from runaway shotgun. At least the hole in the floor was large enough that some how the barrel managed to go through it and that held the gun so it wasn't spraying #9 bird shot everywhere.

·
Registered
307 Posts
why yall hatin on my brand for? but seriously, ive only had two remingtons. one 770(.30-06, sold it) and one 700(.223, still have it) and i didnt have any problems with either, except when i messed with the trigger myself on the 700. got that fixed by a gunsmith, and learned my lesson.

·
Registered
307 Posts
oh, and some remingtons have the bolt handle hollowed to to lighten the load a little.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts