Shooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Remington 760 Gamemaster in .35 Remington and i can't find a magazine for it, and i was wondering can i use a 760 Short action or a 760 Long action magazine for it?

I only have the original mag for it and just incase it breaks or something i would like to have a extra.

·
Registered
7,820 Posts
A 308 magazine should work fine.
+1. I think it will, as well. They are both rimless and have very similar contours/sizes. In this picture, the .35 Rem is on the left and the .358 win is in the middle.

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
760 action

As near as I can tell there isn't a long or short action for the 760. The difference in the magazine is a small block in the back to take up the slack for the shorter cases in the clip. The block in the back keeps the casing farther forward to improve feeding.

I used a magazine in my 308 760 which is marked 30-06 because of the way I seat the bullets so far out because of the long throat in mine.

·
Registered
613 Posts
The 760 mags in .35 Rem and .300 Savage are unique in that the have a block in the front of the magazine too ! the front block pushes the short rounds upwards onto the feed ramp before they leave the mag . They are very hard to find these days .

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
The 760 mags in .35 Rem and .300 Savage are unique in that the have a block in the front of the magazine too ! the front block pushes the short rounds upwards onto the feed ramp before they leave the mag . They are very hard to find these days .
Now this is good information. I seldom see any .35 caliber 760s except for the occaisional .35 W.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have one in .308 that my dad used when he was still deer hunting. It sits in the safe for the most part and only gets as a loaner. While you are ordering parts, get an extra firing pin. I've had mine shatteedr into about five pieces. I've been told it's not uncommon for this model to do so.

·
Registered
7,820 Posts
Not intending to hijack here. I had an old M760 in .35 from the first year of manufacture, 1952. The gun was mint and I found it actually also liked the FTX/LeverEvolution load too. It would shoot 1.5" groups with that load. It was too nice for me to want to hunt with, so I sold it to someone who wanted it for just that reason.

Attachments

·
Registered
613 Posts
Mine came drilled and tapped.
It might have come to you that way , but it didn't leave the factory drilled and tapped ! I believe they started tapping them in 1955 . I have two 54s , a .300 Sav. and a 35 Rem. that aren't tapped .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts