Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So far I have a Remington 7600P in .308 with a magpul fixed carbine stock, a magpul MOE K grip, Mesa Leo adapter, with a Mil spec buffer tube and a 10 Shot Wild Dog Magazine. I was wondering on what I should do to it next? How I could mount a sling for example and things like other accessories and rails. Even custom work? I need opinions.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Don't know about the Wild Dog mag. Remington gets their 10 shots from Checkmate Industries on Long Island.

I have a 7615 and the trigger job was terrible so I wound up doing a trigger job on it.

Also the hammer spring was weak. Allowed primers to reverse flow into striker opening. I replaced spring (got it from Wolff) and problem went away immediately.

I would make a muzzle protector as one bad cleaning job you will take out the muzzle crown. I made mine by chucking up 30.06 case in lathe, drill out base with a drill just about the size of the inside of the case. Ran case into I think it was a 280 FL die with no expander and it slide right over a Parker Hale cleaning rod. This will protect the muzzle while running a rod in front end. A 7/08 die might work for this as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I can see, there's not much else really available to me here in Australia as far as 10 round magazines go, so Wild Dog was my only choice haha, although I recently spotted a triple K magazine on Ozgunsales. Cleaning hasn't been too much of an issue so far, but thank you for the suggestion, as everything helps when access to the chamber is so limited. I've just purchased myself a nice EoTech Holographic sight (not quite sure on the exact model) and am now hung as to what sort of rail I should use and how to mount it as such... Any suggestions there?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Goodday Sir, didn't realize you were in Oz, makes for interesting happenings. Are you near Eschunga by any chance? I have a friend there.

I have a 7615 and the base I used on mine I like very much. Check out:

Rifle Mounts

I removed rear sight completely. This base allows for very fast shots up close (25 yards). I have them on two rifles.

In the case of a muzzle protector reduce the neck on a 303 case and drill hole in base.

Just sent you a PM, check your email.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eschunga? Sorry, I Haven't even heard of it... I'm from Darwin; way up north haha. Thanks for the suggestion on the rail though, I'll certainly look into it. Hoping to one day thread my barrel and install some sort of muzzle brake, no idea as to the legality of doing this here though, so I'll have to look into it.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Echunga (misspelled it first time) South Australia down next to the big pond.

Good*Iron™ Muzzle Brakes : Smith Enterprise, Inc.

These are the way I would go if your barrel is big enough to cut the thread on. You might have to set the front sight back about 1/2" or so.

Did you get my email?

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Those high see-thru make your scope eye come off the stockn abd they block most of the target when using iron sights. Weaver made a flip mount, and we have them on all the 760/7600s in the family, with Fire-sights on the barrel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts