Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw one in a shop for $299 I didnt fondle it so I do not know anything except its a remington. I am looking to get some reviews on it. I was also looking at the Marlin bolt rifles as well.

AL

·
Banned
296 Posts
Get the Marlin. Im a huge fan of Remington but NOT a fan of the 770. They are cheap looking and cheap feeling. You wont be disappointed with the Marlin.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
I agree with RD, the 770 is not my idea of a Remington.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
The 770 would not be my choice, I havn't owned any of the Marlins but have heard good reviews. Another choice in that price range would be a Weatherby Vangaurd great gun and very accurate. Some Walmarts have clearance guns in the back that never get put on the racks. You have to ask the sales person what they have, if they say thaey don't have any it wouldn't hurt to ask someone else. The one by me has some 700ADLs for $300.00.

·
Banned
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not much of a Bolt guy. I looking for a 260 with a twist rate for heavy bullets. Not looking for a top notch bench gun but more of a medium weight rifle for sitting positions were shots can get "out there". Hunting shots will be no more than 4 or 500 after I practice with it. I will shoot steel out to 1000. I may look for a Model 7 or 700 with a synthetic stock. Anyone have suggestions?

AL

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Either a Model 7 or M700 is a good choice, they are excellent guns.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts