Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this 1945 remington made a303 30.06 with a sporterized hunting stock and a tasco 3x9 scope. I was wondering if anybody had any idea what it might be worth?? I traded a pap ak-47 for it plus some money so i think i did ok but i've always wondered...thanks for any input...bob
:)

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Welcome to Shooters Forum, WVShooter. :)

Does the 03A3 in 30-'06 that you bought look something like this? If so, they can be worth $250 and up, depending on just how well they were sporterized. All original rifles are actually worth a lot more, even if they are less useful as a hunting rig.

·
Super Moderator
3,876 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

I agree with broom_jm and prices for these rifles vary. Condition and quality of workmanship mean everything when trying to determine a price for a sporterized military rifle. I have acquired a number of sporterized 1903A3 rifles from local gun shops and paid from $100 to $250 for them. Some were nicely done, others needed a bit of work. They make great sporter rifles, but as has been said they would be worth more in original military condition. All the best...
Gil

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
my local gunshop has a few of the 03A3 on the shelf and they start at $800.

SO, I have a feeling you got the short side of the deal. Like Broom said, sporterized ones are not nearly as collectable.

as an example, the same LGS has a military condition Jap Arisaka for $399. it is full of nicks and dings with a really dark stock. two guns down, there is a sporterized Arisaka and it's half the price, and it's metal is in better shape.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.