Shooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I expect remington ammo to perform the same since it is manufactured by Vista Outdoors/Federal?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Only you can determine that.

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I have read of more than a few issues with some target and field loads (all shotshell) since the Pandemic. It seems to be across company lines and not limited to just one manufacturer. Mainly a few squib loads and FTF due to primers seated to deeply. It does amaze me that those can get by, but they do. I have not really bought any ammo since the Pandemic other than some Rimfire.

Good luck and all the best.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
It might be a change for the good. I've got some factory Remington 30-06 coreloks that are about 10 years old. Won't shoot under 2 inches in either of my rifles.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
It might be a change for the good. I've got some factory Remington 30-06 coreloks that are about 10 years old. Won't shoot under 2 inches in either of my rifles.
Depends on the rifle mostly, and the shooter. Ammo that won't go under 2" in one rifle may well go under an inch in another!

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,995 Posts
OP sys he shot it in 2 different rifles with the same results.

Reactions: Darkker and MZ5

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
37,457 Posts
The few times I've bought any in the past several decades, I was never impressed by it. I'm sure it works fine for some folks.

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Reactions: gunpa
1 - 12 of 12 Posts