Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at replaceing my factory stock but can't seem to find out what the difference is between the 3. I have a 700 SPS in 308 and all the stocks I see listed are BDL or ADL with varmit choice in barrels. So more information would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

·
Premium Member
7,606 Posts
The BDL has the 'bottom metal'; magazine drop plate that allows you to drop the cartridges out the bottom of the rifle/stock. The ADL is a 'blind' magazine with no drop plate in which you have to cycle cartridges through the action to get them out of the magazine.

You have to know what your barrel profile is to order the correct stock...is it a 'heavy" barrel? The stock manufacturers can help you here if you can take some measurements on your barrel. This affects how much material they cut out of the barrel channel in the stock for the barrel profile that you have.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok that was simple enough, I new there was different mag setups just didn't realize the designations. I have a bull barrel which remington calls a varmint barrel that i want to be free floating. Thank you for the rapid reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts