Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I have one in 22-250 and I can attest that you can just use standard reloading data. Mine will shoot factory loads into a 1-1 1/4 MOA and handloads 1/2-3/4 MOA. The rifling on mine has quite a bit of tool marks-I shoot moly bullets because of that. My gun likes the nose of the bullet .010 off the lands and a medium to heavy charge of Varget. Mine has had alot of bullets sent down the tube and the throat is showing some wear so I really cant complain. If you see that solid red light and pull the trigger IT WILL FIRE NO MATTER WHAT!!! That solid red means you have a complete circuit and the safety is off. There was an article that the auther said something about using his fingertip for best accuracy but I have never heard of one failing to fire. It is a very reliable and accurate system, Remington dropped the ball by using production barrels and pricing them way to high. Midway is the best source for primers and Remington has promised to keep them available. They can be converted to standard with a bolt/trigger change and a minor stock modification. I think you will be very happy with your gun once you figure out a good load.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
PM me if you decide to sell.
The advantage of the electronic ignition system is that the bullet has left the barrel in less time than a conventional firing pin can even strike the primer. I always felt that this would be ideal in a rifle shooting off the shoulder-a varmint gun is normally shot off of a rest making movement less of an issue.The only weak link on the Etronx is the factory barrel. Some are good some not so good, Before you get rid of it do some load developement, clean the barrel with a good copper remover and make sure the action is torqued to the stock. You can adjust the trigger down to a safe couple of oz if you want. I did use some bedding compound on mine, didn't see any accuracy improvement but receiver to bedding block fit wasn't perfect.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.