Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a whole box of Remington Kleanbore .303 British Hi-Speed 180 grain Soft Point Core-Lokt bullet

The box is in excellent condition. In the lower right corner of the box is the number 9330 written vertically from bottom to top. On the inside of the right-hand large flap there is the code B15UD. On two of the smaller flaps on either side appears the code 4A. All the 20 shells inside are in pristine condition.

Is this item worth anything or should I go ahead and shoot those shells?

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Nothing the matter with it

I have a whole box of Remington Kleanbore .303 British Hi-Speed 180 grain Soft Point Core-Lokt bullet

The box is in excellent condition. In the lower right corner of the box is the number 9330 written vertically from bottom to top. On the inside of the right-hand large flap there is the code B15UD. On two of the smaller flaps on either side appears the code 4A. All the 20 shells inside are in pristine condition.

Is this item worth anything or should I go ahead and shoot those shells?
Good ammunition as Remington at the time had good quality control in place.

"Kleanbore" was a Remington marketing spin because reloaded ammunition with the IMR series propellants caused and still cause a great deal of fouling and graphite soot.

I am very interested at the measured muzzle velocity you will achieve with those 180 gr bullets. It should be 2,450 ft/sec but please let us know if you are able to measure.

Tell us what rifle you are using?

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,234 Posts
"Kleanbore" was actually a name that Remington started using after switching to non-chlorate primers. It dates back to the 1920s or so. I'm not sure when the dropped it.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
"Kleanbore" was actually a name that Remington started using after switching to non-chlorate primers. It dates back to the 1920s or so. I'm not sure when the dropped it.
remington still does a kleanbore muzzleloading primers. i don't remember also. it might have in early '80s but i'm not sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts