Shooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on this rifle? The price is sure right. I know the history of this this rifle, with regard to it being basically a Serbian import. Does anyone have one? shot one? Thanks. I have been yearning for a new .22 LR --Mykal

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have the Model 5 from Charles Daly

Charles Daly was the distributor for this rifle before Remington took over the line from Yugoslavia. I paid $200.00 for a new Charles Daly .22 rifle. All Remington did was raise the price $100.00. The local gun shop sells Remington Model 5s for $299.00, but has them on sale for $250.00 right now. Take care...
Oberndorf

·
Registered
5 Posts
My son bought a Youth Model 5 on Christmas Eve.

He paid $200 out the door including a brick of Blazers.

I don't think that much of it's sights, but with a scope it will do 1 1/2 to 2 inch groups at 100 yrds after about 1000 rounds,

·
Registered
205 Posts
I bought a remington model 5 a little bit before christmas. I love it. I bought it at gander mountain for $350 with a 3-9 scope (the scope says its a remington but i don't really know who makes the scope.) I have shot about 5 squirrels with it so far and i hit everyone of them in the head except one which was my fault. At the range I was hitting a circle with about a 2 inch diameter at 50 yards with no problem. Several shots either cut or got very close to the previous shot. Right now i am using federal bullets that i bought at walmart for about 1$ for 50 bullets. I found that it shoots federals the best. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
7,606 Posts
I haven't gotten one of the Remingtons yet, but I do have one of the Charles Daly Superior IIs's. It has absolutely beautiful tiger-stripped walnut, and this one I paid $180 for, without scope. The checkering leaves a bit to be desired, but at that price, I'm not complaining, and it's a great shooter. I put a Simmons 3-9x32 on it and the combo is good. See attached photos.

I got two Superior II's sight-unseen from a Shotgun News ad for friends, and these with Simmon's 4x scopes, for $142. The wood was more plain, but again, great shooters.

I haven't held a Rem Mod 5 with the laminated stock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Scope

I bought a remington model 5 a little bit before christmas. I love it. I bought it at gander mountain for $350 with a 3-9 scope (the scope says its a remington but i don't really know who makes the scope.) I have shot about 5 squirrels with it so far and i hit everyone of them in the head except one which was my fault. At the range I was hitting a circle with about a 2 inch diameter at 50 yards with no problem. Several shots either cut or got very close to the previous shot. Right now i am using federal bullets that i bought at walmart for about 1$ for 50 bullets. I found that it shoots federals the best. Good luck.
Hi I was wondering if you know what scope base is required for the remmington Model 5 the one I have has two slots cut in the top but is not tapped for screws. Thank you for your time Mark

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
What are your thoughts on this rifle? The price is sure right. I know the history of this this rifle, with regard to it being basically a Serbian import. Does anyone have one? shot one? Thanks. I have been yearning for a new .22 LR --Mykal
I own a Remington Model 5 in .22 LR. I've found it to be a very accurate well built rifle with a "Real Gun" feel to it. Except for the buttplate there are no other plastic parts. The only thing is that it will not eject a live CCI Mini-Mag due to the fact the Model has a match chamber and the front bullet band is too wide. I use Winchester Super-X and this brand of ammo is accurate and works fine. Best thing is it comes with open sight, something you seldom see on .22 Sporters nowadays. I also have a CZ M-452 in .22 LR and the Remington shoots just as good as the CZ. The stock is beautiful!

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Hi I was wondering if you know what scope base is required for the remmington Model 5 the one I have has two slots cut in the top but is not tapped for screws. Thank you for your time Mark
Mark,

I have a set of medium height, Burris .22 Deluxe Steel Rings, on my Model 5 with a 4-power Weaver scope.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the Rem Model 5 and the Rem Model 5 Youth, both in 22LR. I really like these well made and accurate rifles. Extra magazines that I bought in Ontario last year were rather expensive though.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I have the Rem Model 5 and the Rem Model 5 Youth, both in 22LR. I really like these well made and accurate rifles. Extra magazines that I bought in Ontario last year were rather expensive though.
Welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy your time here. However since this thread is almost 3 years old I think the OP might have decided by now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just picked up a model five with the remington marked scope and cut it down to 16.5" and threaded it. She should be a quiet shooter with my silencerco sparrow can and some remington CBee's. Now if I can just find some freeking solid rings or mounts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have the CD

Have the CD version that I picked up at a pawn shop for $200. Great gun, loves Wal-Mart Federal, got some spare magazines from Cabelas. EAA Reminton Model 5 for about $11.
Mine came with a scope, but missing the rear sight, anyone have the specs on what kind of replacement rear sight would work? Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
For my part i own the Zastava Z-5. What an incredible value! An all wood and steel europeen made rimfire with adjustable trigger, good open sights, deep dark blue steel and as accurate as a CZ. All for under 300can$. Love it almost as much as my CZ452 LUX. It's my squirrel and wood rifle for now. Never failed me. Here she is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just picked up a model five with the remington marked scope and cut it down to 16.5" and threaded it. She should be a quiet shooter with my silencerco sparrow can and some remington CBee's. Now if I can just find some freeking solid rings or mounts
Never mind the CeeBees, they dont even like to chamber, the Rem subsonics, seem to work great!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts