Shooters Forum banner
33K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  czechyour6 
#1 ·
What are your thoughts on this rifle? The price is sure right. I know the history of this this rifle, with regard to it being basically a Serbian import. Does anyone have one? shot one? Thanks. I have been yearning for a new .22 LR --Mykal

#2 ·
I have the Model 5 from Charles Daly

Charles Daly was the distributor for this rifle before Remington took over the line from Yugoslavia. I paid $200.00 for a new Charles Daly .22 rifle. All Remington did was raise the price $100.00. The local gun shop sells Remington Model 5s for $299.00, but has them on sale for $250.00 right now. Take care...
Oberndorf

#5 · (Edited)
I bought a remington model 5 a little bit before christmas. I love it. I bought it at gander mountain for $350 with a 3-9 scope (the scope says its a remington but i don't really know who makes the scope.) I have shot about 5 squirrels with it so far and i hit everyone of them in the head except one which was my fault. At the range I was hitting a circle with about a 2 inch diameter at 50 yards with no problem. Several shots either cut or got very close to the previous shot. Right now i am using federal bullets that i bought at walmart for about 1$ for 50 bullets. I found that it shoots federals the best. Good luck.

#6 ·
I haven't gotten one of the Remingtons yet, but I do have one of the Charles Daly Superior IIs's. It has absolutely beautiful tiger-stripped walnut, and this one I paid $180 for, without scope. The checkering leaves a bit to be desired, but at that price, I'm not complaining, and it's a great shooter. I put a Simmons 3-9x32 on it and the combo is good. See attached photos.

I got two Superior II's sight-unseen from a Shotgun News ad for friends, and these with Simmon's 4x scopes, for $142. The wood was more plain, but again, great shooters.

I haven't held a Rem Mod 5 with the laminated stock.

#8 ·
I own a Remington Model 5 in .22 LR. I've found it to be a very accurate well built rifle with a "Real Gun" feel to it. Except for the buttplate there are no other plastic parts. The only thing is that it will not eject a live CCI Mini-Mag due to the fact the Model has a match chamber and the front bullet band is too wide. I use Winchester Super-X and this brand of ammo is accurate and works fine. Best thing is it comes with open sight, something you seldom see on .22 Sporters nowadays. I also have a CZ M-452 in .22 LR and the Remington shoots just as good as the CZ. The stock is beautiful!

#12 · (Edited)
I have the Rem Model 5 and the Rem Model 5 Youth, both in 22LR. I really like these well made and accurate rifles. Extra magazines that I bought in Ontario last year were rather expensive though.
Welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy your time here. However since this thread is almost 3 years old I think the OP might have decided by now.

#14 ·
Have the CD

Have the CD version that I picked up at a pawn shop for $200. Great gun, loves Wal-Mart Federal, got some spare magazines from Cabelas. EAA Reminton Model 5 for about $11.
Mine came with a scope, but missing the rear sight, anyone have the specs on what kind of replacement rear sight would work? Thanks

#15 ·
For my part i own the Zastava Z-5. What an incredible value! An all wood and steel europeen made rimfire with adjustable trigger, good open sights, deep dark blue steel and as accurate as a CZ. All for under 300can$. Love it almost as much as my CZ452 LUX. It's my squirrel and wood rifle for now. Never failed me. Here she is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.