Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Five" can't be searched for, so I didn't find any other threads :p.

What's your take on the Model Five? I'm in the market for my first rifle and I decided on the Savage MkII F over the Ruger 10/22. Me being me, though, the Remington caught my eye. Looks like a really nice wood stock. For lower end rifles that should make it a bit more reliable, yes? And it's a Remington. What say you?

http://www.wholesalesports.com/storefront/hunting/firearms/rimfire-rifles/model-five/prod231188.html

Edit: I should have looked a bit closer, it's not a wood stock.

·
Premium Member
7,591 Posts
I don't have a Rem Mod 5, but do have a Charles Daly Superior II, both of which are the 'same' rifle made at the Zastava factory. Rem contracted with them to supply the Rem Mod 5, but with a laminated wood stock. I really like the Superior II, which has a beautiful walnut stock, and it is very accurate.

I do believe Rem has ended the relationship, but don't know that for sure. Cabelas has recently had the Rem Mod 5 on sale for around $200...in the USA. I would recommend the nice 'full-size' rimfire to anyone contemplating the purchase. It IS a wood stock, but laminated. That wouldn't stop me from getting one.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Ihad a Remiongton Model 5 in .22 LR for a few months, but gave it to my Nephew. I found it rather heavy for a .22 LR Sporter, "Boxy", the bolt handle was too small, and it wouldn't eject live CCI Mini-Mags due to the forward bullet band. Otherwise, with Super-X ammo, it was accurate enough for hunting. I still like my CZ M-452 AMERICAN CLASSIC the best.

·
Super Moderator
3,827 Posts
Model Five

Remington has discontinued handling them. I bought one and they are nice rifles. They were less costly when Charles Daly sold them. I have the Savage Mark II and it is a real tack driver. All the best...
Gil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts