Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently found an old Nylon 66 at a yard sale for $10. Only problem is the front sight assembly and the rear sight elevation screw are missing. Where can I find parts for this thing?

Mike

·
Banned
397 Posts
One of the places you could start with would be Gun Parts West Hurley, N.Y..
You could also try Brownells they are on line. If you could find the parts you
would have yourself one heck of a good deal besides, It's a fun gun to shoot.

Zeke

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does Gun Parts have a website?

It came with a scope mounted to it so the sights aren't extremely important, but I would like to know how much it would cost to get it back to original.

Thanks for the tip.

Mike

·
Registered
571 Posts
What a great deal on a great fun gun. I have more accurate .22's but that 66 is still a riot. It's what I carried back in '74 as a high school senior on weekend outings and afternoons after school. What a rifle. None like it.

As for the scope, you wont find them to be all that accurate. Now, I've hit squirrels and **** with them but when it comes to groups and the occasional drifted shot you will scratch your head wondering why it did that. The scope attaches to the unstable sheet metal receiver and you'll find the whole assembly "wobbly" as that is the way it's made. You can put one hand on the receiver cover and the other up on the forend and flex it all over the place. Definately get the open sights fixed up, that is what produces the accuracy and consistant plinking hits.

Have a blast with that thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts