Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any feed back on the "new" Remington Bonded Core-Lokt bullets? Remington says it is as good as any premium type bullet for use on big game, what's your take on this new Bonded Bullet?

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
2bits,
I say that anytime a bonded core is used over a standard core, it is an improvement. This especially comes into play when game pops into view 50yds away and you're holding your _____Monster Magnum. If the new projectile is designed in such a way that it will expand reliably and not have overexpansion that could inhibit penetration at longer ranges, it will be a winner in my opinion. If Remington has done their homework on this it could be an excellent bullet if the jacket is designed for the velocity levels it will be used at in different cartridges.

·
Banned
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kciH, I just got a look see at the bullets Remington says it fired at 50, 100, 200, and 300 yards. It looks impressive and most importantly stayed together while being fired in that magnum rifle. They never said how much it cost, but did say it is a cheaper bullet to buy than any of the premiums out there today. Also the accuracy is top shelf with this bullet they said.

I have always had real good luck with the Remington Core - Lokts for years on whitetail deer. Looks like I am going to be trying a batch of these new bullets in the Monster______ Ultra Magnum of mine come fall. It should be all the bullet I need for those mulies out West. I'll check out that accuracy issue myself a the range.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Remington claims that Core-Lokts have killed more deer than any other bullet since it was introduced, if not more than all other bullets combined, this will only improve the bullets in my opinion.

·
Registered
104 Posts
FYI:

My local Sportsman Warehouse wants $25 per box of 30-06 Ultra Bonded - compared to $11.24 for standard 30-06 Core Lokt ammo.

Once the newness wears off, the price should come down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts