Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm glass bedding an old Model 700 with the old trigger. I'm going to wait on an after market rigger and first see how the glass bedding works out- if the groups get better then I'll go ahead and get a better trigger.

I could glass bed with the trigger in place but I think it will be a lot easier to take the trigger (bolt stop as well) off and then put back on. I've looked at a few "You-Tubes" but it is sort of unclear about the sear spring and how to put it back if it pops out, etc. I've done a lot of gun work so I'm not a newbie- just new to the Rem 700. I've downloaded the standard on line stuff but any tips or cautions about how to do the job appreciated.
Any replies- "Oh you have to get a gunsmith"- don't bother and waste your time. I'm just looking for some tips or "be sure to's" . Thanks.

·
Premium Member
14,341 Posts
Red Owl-- Complete instructions for the WALKER trigger is HERE. There are two more papers at the same place that covers replacement.

·
The Shadow (Super Mod)
7,304 Posts
Honestly, change the trigger first.
Life is to short to tolerate a crap trigger.

What I've decided after lots of bedding jobs, is that less is more.
First one I did, looked like a water-weenie exploded and squished bedding compound EVERYWHERE.

Spend lots of time working on relieving the stock, more than you think you need to. Drill holes in it, to provide "footings" for the bedding to anchor and gain stability.

Personally, I bought a Dremel, and take EVERYTHING I can, off the rifle. This means there trigger as well. A Dremel or drill and a carbide bit make hogging out relief for the trigger a super quick task.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts