Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Just curious, is there any way to remove the lion head on the side of the older Rossi's? How is it attached? What's underneath it?
You would have to disassemble the Rossi to find out. Most likely it is riveted or retained with a small screw(s). Either way, should you decide to remove it, you are left with a hole(s) which you may or may not wish to fill. You might want to reconsider this project?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You would have to disassemble the Rossi to find out. Most likely it is riveted or retained with a small screw(s). Either way, should you decide to remove it, you are left with a hole(s) which you may or may not wish to fill. You might want to reconsider this project?
No project, actually. I am just wondering in case I decide to put a reciever sight on it. Anyone know if it would interfere with a reciever sight? It's still on layaway, so I don't even have it in hand at the moment. Other option would be a tang sight.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
A pic of the action side the logo's on will tell the tale about interfering with a side-mounted receiver sight, but I KNOW it won't interfere with a top-mounted sight, like the XS, and "possibly" the Williams FP or 5D 94AE (which, although top mounted, hangs down the left side).

I went with a top mount peep, figuring: Since I have to D/T 2 holes for a peep anyway, why not one in each rear portion of the receiver sidewall/rail ILO the receiver side ?

Besides, I already had a 5D-94AE sight in my scrounge box. :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts