Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I know it’s been mentioned here, but it appears that Beartooth Bullets is no more. However, I really liked their .357 185gr WFNGC bullet w/ 16 gr of H110. Does anyone know of another manufacturer of that bullet or one that I can use that same load with?

Thanks!

K

·
Super Moderator
14,163 Posts
You can order a mold for exactly what you want from Veral Smith. A lot of Bearthooth's molds originally came from him, though he and Marshall had a falling out at some point, IIRC. Smith (LBT) lists some weights, but will make whatever you ask for..

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
38,306 Posts
Lee has some similar molds, as well. Don't know the numbers though.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Lee’s 358-158-RF is a similar WFN design, but that’s the heaviest they make. As above, LBT makes molds which would substitute - but the OP is asking for bullets, not molds. Cast Performance used LBT molds for many/all of the bullets they sell, it would be worth contacting them.

·
38,306 Posts
At one point Lee had some designs that one of our former mods came up with, Ranch Dog. Whether or not those are still available, I don't know, but it could be an option for bullet casters. Just thought I'd toss that out. One of Michael's designs, in particular, was ideal for the .35 Rem. Sorta related to the thread, even if not exactly answering the original question......

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Try these for finished bullets, not molds:

·
Super Moderator
14,163 Posts
Yes, lots of 180's out there. But if he wants 185, specifically, and with a gas check, specifically, and that matches the Beartooth design, specifically, then, from what my research could locate, he's stuck with having a mold made and rolling his own.

Reactions: twodot

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
You're absolutely right Nick, I was trying to help him with the last part of his question of "or one that I can use that same load with?", and based on what appeared to be his desire to purchase bullets, rather than advance to bullet casting. I would sure encourage him to broaden his hobby to include casting his own, but I guess it's not for everyone.

·
38,306 Posts
I wouldn't make a big deal of the 5 grains of weight between a 180 and 185gr. bullet, but getting what you want sized to your gun could be a challenge. Marlins tend to run large on the groove size so it was handy to get bullets sized 0.359" - 0.360." If the off-the-shelf stuff works, great. If not....

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I bought some of the Cast Performance .358 bullets (180 and 200 gr.) from Midway and have to say that I'm impressed with their quality. The bullet style is what I believe the OP is looking for. I weighed a couple this morning and they range from 177-181 grains. I haven't shot any yet, but looking forward to it. Just working up a few loads now.

Rectangle Circuit component Indoor games and sports Electronic component Screw
Wood Communication Device Gadget Gas Telephony

1 - 13 of 13 Posts