Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a new Hartford 1892 in 45LC. I got an AWSOME deal because the stocks have some dings from being displayed in a set of display hooks that had rough edges showing. I really do not mind because I got the gun as a brush gun anyway. My question is do any of you know where I can either get synthetic replacments? I have also been looking for a good camo applique that I can maybe cover the stocks. I am not too terribly handy and the last couple of attempts at refinishing looked like a 2 year old did it.;)

I know some of you purists out there are sitting there shaking your heads and crying to the heavens "WHY???":D

As I said, this is a utility gun and I do not plan on participating in CASS events. This will be used to hunt hogs and deer where the range doesn't exceed 100yds, if that. Plus a little plinking once I get to reloading.

Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
FWIW, Cabela's markets synthetic stocks for the Winchester 94, which SHOULD also fit a Model 92 - but I cannot guarantee it, as I haven't personally tried the fit with my own two hands.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Have not heard of anyone offering a synthetic stock replacement for the '92 although possibly someone out there does and proves me wrong. Seems to me the '94 is what all the aftermarket parts are geared to. Would add that if you do find your stock, the buttstock on a '92 comes off easily by removing the tang screw, however, the forearm is a different story. You might check out what it takes to remove the forearm before investing in new stocks especially if you are not too mechanically inclined.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I recently purchased a new Hartford 1892 in 45LC. I got an AWSOME deal because the stocks have some dings from being displayed in a set of display hooks that had rough edges showing. I really do not mind because I got the gun as a brush gun anyway. My question is do any of you know where I can either get synthetic replacments? I have also been looking for a good camo applique that I can maybe cover the stocks. I am not too terribly handy and the last couple of attempts at refinishing looked like a 2 year old did it.;)

I know some of you purists out there are sitting there shaking your heads and crying to the heavens "WHY???":D

As I said, this is a utility gun and I do not plan on participating in CASS events. This will be used to hunt hogs and deer where the range doesn't exceed 100yds, if that. Plus a little plinking once I get to reloading.

Thanks for your time!

Try steaming the dents out ?

If you replace the wood , please do not throw it away . Offer it up to us fellow leaver gun nuts . :)

God bless
Wyr

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't throw the wood away!!!!!:eek: I still have the Ruger 10-22 stock I took off of my rifle 10yrs ago when I rebarreled/restocked it.

It has a couple of chips and dings and I may not replace it, I may just use an applique on it.

I really appreciate the inputs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts