Shooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,484 Posts
sweet set up! i've admired the 340 wby for quite some time and i'd say that you've got a splendid set up. i have a couple of those zeiss scopes with the std. Z-plex reticle and love them! great glass for the money!

one thing about it, you didn't half *** anything!!

·
Banned
296 Posts
Great looking rifle Beartracker. I can see from your photo that youre one of us Southerners who is having to deal with the snow. What load do you plan to shoot out your new rifle?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I see you choose an American assembled Zeiss, nice choice......

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hey Beartracker , nice rifle, hope it shoots good for you.

Oh, so with this thread did you get the self justifucation that you needed? :)
I mean, really I don't think you needed to justify it to us!!!!!

Just the same, it looks like a great rifle.

·
Registered
483 Posts
with the mark v style safety before you shoot something you should say"roll on one" lmao.
I like the weatherby's bolt shroud its real beefy

·
Registered
13,209 Posts
BT,

That is a rifle that looks like it will flat get the job done! Your extended explanation of why it is the rifle for you was interesting to me, in that most gun guys could care less about justifying their choice to others. In fact, if you backed me into a corner I couldn't give you a good reason WHY I own most of my guns. :) Aside from convincing the Mrs. I somehow need another one, it would never occur to me to lay out my reasoning for anyone, except maybe a gunsmith, if one is involved in the build.

Were you trying to preempt any criticism of your choices in caliber, barrel weight, scope magnification or manufacturer? I know I've gotten defensive a few times, when people questioned a gun I was having built or my decision to use a certain cartridge. Were you to trying to keep that to a minimum by carefully spelling out your motivation for getting this exact setup?

·
Registered
354 Posts
It is a fine rifle, built to your specifications. Enjoy and please post back with results of your new rifle on any hunting trips.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts