Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone on the board recommend a stock smith who works in laminated wood. I am looking to re-stock my Savage 99f .308 to a laminated wood stock in a Mannlicher full length forestock style. Any help would be most appreciated.....RW

·
Registered
256 Posts
Ravenwolf: Interesting log on name --West Coast, Alaska?? I don't know anyone who can directly supply what you want. You may find that if you chase down a laminated blank from a plant that makes them up that you can then turn it over to a semi-inletter to turn out from their patterns. If you can get a full dimension rifle blank you can probably cut both pieces from it by watching your layout. They probably wont have a foreend pattern in Mannlicher style but if they just run a full length barrel channel of slightly undersize dimension and rough out the action face area then its just a matter of planing or belt sanding down to the profile you want. Interesting project. best

·
Beartooth Regular
5,218 Posts
Also check Wenig's. I think they have what you are looking for. Check their website: http://www.wenig.com/ you may have to order their catalog to find exactly the right thing though.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies...

I've got e-mail into both Boyd's and Wenigs. BC Stocker - glad you like my user name. Lucky me, I'm from upstate NY but the moniker comes from my Irish/American Indian heritage. Good Shooting....RW

1 - 5 of 5 Posts