Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,123 Posts
I finally shot the reversed 200 gr. lead rnfp and the same bullet nose first. The reversed bullets made nice, round, even holes. However, they did not seem as accurate as the nose first. In general, they went slightly left of point of aim. I'll put up with ragged edges for the time being.
One of the problems with a reversed long nose is how long it takes the ogive to clear the muzzle with the muzzle blast playing off of it all the way. Any tiny crown asymmetry tends to tip it while that is going on, and that may be part of what you are seeing. The larger overall group is likely to be due to exaggeration of initial yaw by that mechanism.

Reactions: Darkker

·
Premium Member
17,052 Posts
I grew up with Fine Country Gentlemen that pulled bullets and re-seated them backwards to shoot fish with. 25-35 was the premier fish rifle and brought a premium price in most any condition.

You take that back! I'm not a **! I'm a variety of human that gets sunburnt below my hair line...and pretty proud of it, too. oops. edit to put in a smiley. All my kin and friends are just a string of *. :D:D

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
38,172 Posts
Hmmm, looks like the auto-censor is getting carried away :rolleyes: I'll take a peek at the settings.

Reactions: Pudfark

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
38,172 Posts
OK how's for a different translation of people who forget to wear hats, and their necks get red from being sunburnt? :p

21 - 24 of 24 Posts