Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone aware of a published formal review of the Cobra Enterpises Big Bore Derringer chambered in .38 special?

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Is anyone aware of a published formal review of the Cobra Enterpises Big Bore Derringer chambered in .38 special?
I can give you my opinion for what it's worth. I bought one about 3 months ago because I just had to have a derringer and the price was reasonable $140. I've had some fun with it but would not buy another if I lost it! #1 the trigger is horrendous. #2 the recoil is hard to control. #3 you won't hit anything farther away than the other side of the card table. ( I guess that's really all it was designed for) #4 My Ruger 380LCP is lighter and only a smidge larger and has 7 shots.

I ended up loading a single 70 grain roundball over 5 grains of unique and could than take it out and shoot more than a few rounds out of it and not have a sore hand.
I'm not a really good one with pistols but I think it would be harder to draw the derringer and put it into action than my Ruger 380 LCP. That might just be me though!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts