Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is a good capper for revolvers? i have just started to get in to shooting them, the only oly i see around is the Ted Cash model. I have a ruger (roa) and pietta cattleman carbine, been putting them on by hand and it is a real pain in the bootox. also saw a leather one on e-bay?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
The Ted Cash cappers are one of the best made. The other thing you could try is get a cheap straight line for a #11 and then bend the neck spring in more so it would not spit out the caps when turned over. That is what I use. I loose a few caps now and then but like you pointed out... its a lot easier to cap the thing.

Also get yourself a loading block. That is the way to load these things. You pull the cylinder, wipe out the frame, and then set the cylinder on the loading block. Much easier to load and does a great job. Also if you have to load caps with your fingers, doing so with the cylinder out of the revolver is a lot easier.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I use the Ted Cash cappers for my revolvers (snail type) and the long oval one for rifle and shotgun. They are very well built and worth the price IMHO. I never liked the straight line types.....never found a good one BUT I do see that Ted Cash now offers one that his ad says actually works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts