Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own an old Rexio single shot .22LR handgun. I bought this one some years back. It did not come with sights, but it had a shotgun bead at the muzzle. Go figure.
I've installed a three-eights dovetail scope mount over the action (there was plenty of steel to drill and tap safely), and have a 4x scope on it. This one shoots quite accurate. I shoot holes in tin cans all day.
I do believe this gun is now sold as a Comanche.
Anyone else have one?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update... The transfer bar was made too short. It would only hit the bottom half of the firing pin, and eventually peened/dented the pin enough that it caused misfires.
I drilled out the pin and inserted a hardened steel pin, and removed the transfer bar. I also had to drill the hammer and insert a steel pin so the hammer can make contact with the firing pin.
The gun does have a safety that rotates to block the hammer from hitting the firing pin, so removing the transfer bar is not an issue.
Any one else have similar issues with their Rexio's.?
BTW this gun does shoot well enough to enjoy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok now it appears my first attempt didnt post. So ill resummarize. I also own the exact 22 LR with that darn bead. Got a deal because there was no extractor spring. Fixed that and want to put an optic on top, but I've never drill/tapped before. I'm a self taught amateur but have done other projects and just love learning more about how all types of firearms work and fixing them (fixing up old ones, fixing issues/subjective "issues"). I don't haw a drill press but have a dremel station that acts like one along with some dremel bits. Don't know how strong they are. Got the station for this reason though. Will I need to mount a vice next to it on my bench? Any tips/advice/supplies ill need would be greatly appreciated by this young fella!

Thank you,
Connor

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
38,373 Posts
I would strongly suggest getting a drill press with a vise on the table. A dremel runs way, way, way too fast to be able to control it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the tip Harry! The one from Craigslist is an 8" Central Machinery drill press. Looks like its a few decades old but says its in excellent condition and never been used. Lister has it for $40 right down the road from me. Anybody have any reason to NOT get this and go with the harbor freight?

Connor

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
38,373 Posts
If you have the room, a larger capacity machine is always nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.