Shooters Forum banner
4K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  TX Hunter 
#1 ·
My girlfriend has been getting into hunting lately and has gone out with me numerous times last season and she's starting to get serious about it, buying new boots and camo etc, I want to buy her a rifle for her birthday in November. I decided to go with a 7mm-08 in either the T/C venture compact or ruger American rifle compact. She's about 5'5" so that's why I want the compact model. Any advice on which rifle to go with or personal experience with either one?

Discussion starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the sugestions, she does have her own 22 and she used my 243 last year but she wants something a little bigger. I like the idea of takeing her to handle some rifles to see what fits her. Thanks again for the help everyone theyre all good ideas especially the one about the 338 lol!

Discussion starter · #16 ·
I havent hand loaded in couple years, i tried messing around with loads for my 300 weatherby mag but stopped because i was spendind more money on reloading supplies than factory shells. I thougtht about reloading for her 7-08 when i get it but i was also plsnning on getting a limb saver recoil pad for it as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.