Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
415 Posts
Looks pretty darn great, and the price is hard to beat!

The rest I'm currently trying to scab together uses the rails from an old sliding compound mitre saw for length adjustment, along with the head of an old power planer for elevation adjustments.

·
Banned
415 Posts
Just curious for your folks' opinion. On a full length, recoil absorbing rifle rest, do you think it would be a big deal if the rest (and therefore, the rifle) would pivot in the middle? I was originally thinking it would be nice if the rest would pivot at the back end, so that very little movement would be required by the shooter for large adjustments. Then I got some sense knocled into me somwhere along the way, and realized that even at 100 yards, only a few inches of adjustment make quite a large difference at 100 yards. It would be significantly easier and more stable to make it pivot in the middle. Think this would work?

·
Banned
415 Posts
I did think about that initially, but decided that would require more movement by the shooter than I would want. I know I don't need 16' of travel at 100 yards or anything, but for some reason I keep getting this idea in my head that it should have considerable travel. But being that you think I could pivot it in the front, I should certainly be able to pivot it in the middle...which is all I needed to know!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.