Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:p Well I haven't the capabilities yet to send a picture so I'll use the thousand words.[Get it ?] I can't compete with Alaska but here at Nine Mile falls Wa. I hunt just behind the house. I've only missed one year of not getting a deer. With this light winter The population has exploded again. My wife and I went for a walk around our property and counted 79 deer , both Muley and white tails. The largest was a herd of 22 Muleys and the white tails were running in packs of 4 to 5.:D I've been to Alaska and there is nothing that compares to it in the lower 48 but I always figure that Alaska may be Gods land but He vacations at Nine Mile Falls Wa. OK it's short of a thousand words , I'm a little short on air tonight.
Bob:p

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,955 Posts
Sounds like a hunter's heaven, PS -

I'm glad to hear you have an abundance - they are getting pretty skimpy in my area due to the drought. It will take several years of good weather to bring them back and so far, it looks like the drought will continue.

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have a disease called black tongue that effected our white tail population a few years back that took about 5 years to build back the herd. With the mild winters we have been having they came back pretty strong. Then after fire storm of 91 the muleys came in. Things are changing though, houses are being built and farmers are selling out. I figure I have about 10 years max before someone will want this area a no shooting zone. Then the wife and I will retire up in northern Idaho. I wish I could transplant some of these deer your way, they are really getting to many for the area. and the washington state game commission think it's better for them to get natually diseased or a heavy winter kill then let the hunters thin the herds with maybe an extra permit or two.

You know your a redneck when you have a complete set of salad bowls and they all say cool whip on the side
Bob

·
Registered
306 Posts
Pooter Shooter, know what you mean about loosing your hunting areas. I live in the High Sierras of No. Kalifornia (the cant afford you state), They keep comming up from Los Angeles and San Francisco and the lower valleys and move into the Gated communities, you dont dare let it be know you have a gun let alone fire one in there. They complain about the deer eating their flowers etc... and the turkeys making nests in their trees, but want the Security people to come chase them off, but heaven forbid you should shoot one. Some have built homes out in the woods and bought new 4/4's and wounder why they get stuck.:rolleyes: maybe ifin they learned how to drive a 4/4 would help. They call the towing service to come get them out and find out most of them wont go 100 ft off road, and the ones that do want mega bucks for doing it. Also when the power goes out they want the power company there NOW beause they will miss their Soap Opera or Sit Com. :rolleyes:. We get a few Mulies comming over the sierras every now and then but not like they use to. Retired in 77 from the military and just started drawing S/S missis and I are looking for a new place to move to, beings we were both country raised.
This just my 2 cents worth.

Gun Runner

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gun Runner, My wife is from northern Cal. Do you know where Biber Cal. is:confused: one good thing if I do loose my right to hunt my own land, We have national forest not too far from the house. That would be my second choice and the wife likes to camp there also. It's about seven Miles from the canadian border. Last year early spring we took a few days off to go camping and ran across a sow Griz and her cub. We were taking a hike on an old logging road when we spotted them in a clearing about an eighth of a mile away in a big clear cut. After I saw how big she was We came back and I traded my little 22 auto for a SRH 480 Ruger.
Bob.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts