Shooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I walked in the gunshop today and saw boxes of used reloading tools. Pot and several molds, sizers, etc. in one box. Shotgun press, wads, powder and shot in another, and a box with a Rock Chucker, RCBS Uni-Flow measure and primer feed. I have a Rockchucker. I have at least five measures and don't need another primer feed I don't use...but I brought it all home. I traded a thousand primers for them. Seemed to be worth the $7 I had in the primers. The primers sold to two guys at the counter for $15/100 within minutes. Weirdness to an old timer. I feel like the old Florida cracker that traded his cypress barn for groceries, one board at a time.

Registered
Those primers will go back down to 30.00 per carton, a rockchucker in any condition will bring 50.-75.00 everyday of the week, I buy used reloading equipment whenever I can then gift it to kids interested in shooting and the scouts that camp at my gun club. Probably bought and given away a half dozen old RCBS Juniors and Lyman single stages.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly. A boy and his dad will be here this afternoon for this one. Reloading presses are like anvils and cast iron cookware.

Registered
My 43 year old Rock Chucker could use some TLC to improve it's appearance, but it's performance is still sterling. It will be in my estate some day. Then some else can try to wear it out.

Registered
My 43 year old Rock Chucker could use some TLC to improve it's appearance, but it's performance is still sterling. It will be in my estate some day. Then some else can try to wear it out.
If any of the parts are worn call RCBS and describe problem(too much wobble etc) and new parts will be on the way very soon--no charge.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I doubt very seriously this press had loaded a hundred rounds since 1978, IF any at all. No signs of it being ever bolted down. I gave it to a kid and his dad. Several cousins are also into shooting and want to reload so they're going to set up a loading place they can all use. They got some duplicate dies and shell holders, too. The Uniflow measure had never been filled and the auto primer feed never mounted. It was all put in an open-top box and forgotten, it looks like. At one point it got wet, the press rusted and dust settled deep. It cleaned right up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts