Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working with new hulls, I am getting excellent roll crimp results with most any hull. I would rate Cheddite and BPI's "Multi Hull as being tied for best results, with Fiocchi running at a very close second.

The one that gets frustrating at times is the Federal. In looking at the mouth of the Federal I am thinking it needs skived, and so I recently ordered BPI's aliminum skiving tool head hoping for that to bring the new federal hulls up to snuff.

Anyone else working with Federals notice this?

I use the BPI roll crimp tool, but noticed in Precision Reloading's catalog, their roll crimp tool head looks pretty nice. Anyone out there using PR's Roll crimp tool?

Also, I use Motor Mica as a lube for crimping. Seems to work quite well.

Comments on lube?

Ridge

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah Pete, I wondered how well those old hand crimpers worked. Thanks for mentioning that.

Do you have the ones that clamp on the side of a bench?

I saw one awhile back that had been listed on "Gunbroker", but the auction was ended, and yet they still posted the item picture. It looked kind of neat.

I haven't loaded paper hulls for some 20 years now, but if I find some, maybe I'll give them another go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.