Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have read a lot about the inherint woes of feeding and ejecting on these, ans have learned a few things myself while trying to get mine to operate properly.

1st, before you start mauling the mag(as I did), check the bolt. They say that the firing pin/ejecter should slide back and forth freely. I ordered a bolt assembly and the new one's firing pin is spring operated. That cured some of my problem.

2nd, check the extracter where it runs doen the side of the bolt. Mine would hardly close, and when it did, the extracter would not grab the rim of the case. After much heated vocalizing, I discovered that the long part of the extracter that runs along the bolt protruded above the bolt(it should be flush with the bolt body). When closing the bolt, the extra metal of the extracter would get pinched by the reciever and keep the buisness end of the extracter from moving enough to grab the rim of the cartridge.

In other words, remove your bolt and rub along the extracter where it runs down the bolt body, especially behind the extracter retaining pin. I filed mine down flush, got the lips of my magazine right, and all is well.

This rifle shoots very well, considering the trigger. The flip up "leaf" sights for 25, 50, and 100 work. With a 4X scope I shot at a home made gopher target at 100 yards. Once I got used to the trigger, headshots were easy, with about 75% of the rounds ending up in about 1 1/2 "-2". All 100 rounds were inside 4 ".

I've read where folks filed the rear flip-up sights to get them dead on with their ammo. I was curious about this because the front sight screws up and down like an AK or SKS for elevation.

Also, I found the whole bolt assembly at a place called Apex, or something like that. $40 seemed fair once I got things to work and realized how accurate this rifle can be.

Hope this helped someone-I know I learned alot while doing this.

Ric

·
Registered
281 Posts
thanks Ric, mine had all the bugs worked out when i bought her, so i have not had to learn the tricks for this rifle. i love the way my rifle shoots, enough so i don't mind that it is rough looking.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
They aren't pieces of art but great little rifles. I bought one in the cosmo a few years back and it was a shooter from the word go. Gave it to my son this last christmas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts